Girls pose by a jail that recalls the witch trials of 1692 in Salem, Massachusetts. Photo taken in 1945.
I recently learned that the water in Salem was contaminated with the fungus from which LSD is derived and a legitimate theory for the whole thing is that everyone in the town was tripping balls
This might be the greatest thing ive ever seen on the internet
We did a whole massive thing on this in history. I believe the fungus in question is called Ergot and it’s terrifying. It makes your muscles spasm so when they had seizures that was the reason, not because they were possessed. One woman had to be strapped to her bed, she was seizing so bad. And, like ‘theybuildbuildings’ said, it had the same effects as LSD; as soon as you touch it, let alone consume it, it messes with your entire system. The worst thing is, you practically always had a bad trip. Many complained about bugs crawling under their skin or monsters emerging from the shadows to scratch and bite at them until they were screaming. It was a horrendous thing and the worst part is, Ergot is still around. It grows on crops and, if your wheat isn’t properly treated, it can be eaten and you’ll most likely experience the same as the women of Salem.
god i love history
2014 Awards Season, ladies and gentlemen.
#i think you’ll notice that 90% of the awesome can be attributed to women being awesome #women being hilarious #women not giving a fuck #women swearing #women supporting other women #women making fun of dudes #WOMEN #i mean we started with tina and amy and ended with ellen #pretty damn amazing #awards season
this is an actual scene from the movie
Can we talk about how in Twilight mythology Jake was apparently in love with Bella’s egg while it was still in her ovaries? Because it’s been years and I’m still not over that.
even imaginary men in literature are genuinely so fucking disgusting
And lets not forget that SMeyer wrote Bella as being more incensed by a lame nickname than the fact that her best friend has just “imprinted” on her NEONATE daughter—who’s going to age to adulthood within a few years, and he’s gonna be “uncle Jacob”, til he’s not.
Bella, sweetie, big picture here.
SMeyer, creeper, eat glass.
the biggest problem being that Jacob kissed Bella against her will, and it was presented as romantic
that Jacob and Edward talked about forcing Bella to have an abortion and Edward offered Jacob the opportunity to have kids with her, without her even being present for this conversation, much less consenting to this, and it was presented as romantic
on top of all the times Edward dismantled Bella’s car in some way or another to prevent her from going places when he didn’t want her to
SMeyer deserves more shit for romanticizing abusive relationships throughout the entire series than for the strangeness of this once scene
well fucking said
HELL YEAH ! I thought I was the only one who thought this
this year in Vancouver they painted rainbow crosswalks for PRIDE, turns out the city loved them so much they are keeping them permanently!
I found out about this and thought it was so cool I had to upload a picture
photo creds: x
correct me if im wrong but is that a straight couple walking on it?? like… u could have gotten an LGBTQ+ couple for the photo………. if im wrong correct me like i said but
Any fucking sexuality can walk on it does it matter who was on the camera at the time?
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU KNOW THEY’RE EVEN A COUPLE?
They could be two friends, of ANY sexuality, that just happen to be walking across the street together.
Seriously, Tumblr, getting a bit ridiculous now.
Garon Wade and his husband Jamie were prepared for their son in 2012. They were not prepared for what strangers had to say.
- (Cab Driver in Florida directly after getting in) Where’s his mom? (Us) He doesn’t have a mom. (Long Awkward Silence)
- (Cashier at a Surf Shop, see’s just me and my little boy) Oh man, you were given Daddy duty today huh? (Me) It’s Daddy Duty everyday at my house bro. (Confused look)
- Do you think he’ll be more likely to grow up gay? (Me) No. But I’ll love him for whoever he is, so it doesn’t really matter does it?
- (Man on a plane next to me, completely out of nowhere) So did you leave his mom in DC or are you taking the baby to his mom in Florida? (Me) He doesn’t have a mom, he has two Dads. (Complete Silence)
- Are you guys going to tell him he’s adopted one day? (Us) Yea, but I’m pretty sure even if we didn’t, at some point he’d figure that one out right?
- You shouldn’t take babies on planes for the first many months because they get sick right away. (Us). He’s already been on 20 flights. (Silence)
- (Random Guy on the street) Where’s his mom? (Us) She didn’t want him, so I guess that makes us the next best thing.
- (Random Stranger at the grocery store) That baby’s so cute. Does your wife breastfeed? (Me). No he’s got two Dads so we give him formula. (Lady) What??
- (Another Random Lady at the grocery store). That baby is so young. You should NOT be out with him like this at the grocery store! (My husband) Oh I’m sorry are you a pediatrician? (Lady) Excuse me? (Husband) Are you a pediatrician? (Lady) Well, no. (Husband) Then I’m not that interested in what you have to say. My pediatrician said it’s fine to take him out. Have a good one.
- (Yet another Random Stranger) Where’s his mom? (Me) Where’s your mom?
Who really benefits from the pink ribbon campaigns: the cause or the company? In showing the real story of breast cancer and the lives of those who fight it, this film reveals the co-opting of what marketing experts have labeled a “dream cause.”
If you’re a woman, take the time to watch the documentary Pink Ribbons, Inc.
Watch it on
Youtube (for now…) (x)
Glad to see this on Tumblr. I don’t Pink. I don’t Run for a Cure. Write a check to your favorite women’s health charity.
I want a cure, I want research and support services and free diagnosis and treatment, I want lives saved. I do not give a flying fuck about pink ribbons, when less than 25% of Komen’s budget goes into research, but they do litigiously pursue competing organizations for trademark infringement.
Find an org that is all about research or care or free services or support and write a check, click a donate button, give to someone who calls you but stop supporting an org that doesn’t do the actual work.
seriously, everyone should see this.
If Hoyoung Lee’s concept printer becomes reality, you’ll never throw away another pencil stub or buy another ink cartridge. The pencil printer separates the wood from pencils and uses the lead to print documents. There’s even a built-in eraser component that allows you to remove text from a page and reuse the paper, so you’ll be saving money and trees.
INNOVATIVE MINDS!!! Blooming and blossoming all around! This is brilliant!
The real world.
This is from That’s So Raven, where Chelsea and Raven apply to work at the same clothing shop. Chelsea is white; Raven is black. Chelsea gets the job, despite being utterly horrible at it, while Raven, who has a deep interest in fashion and knows how to handle clothes, does not. The girls find this deeply suspicious, so Chelsea wears a hat with a camera on it and questions the employer. The employer admits what she does in the gif above and Chelsea and Raven submit the footage to a news station.
And THAT is why That’s So Raven is the best TV show ever.
so I said, "I’m actually a boy, Miss."
Then one of my classmates slams his hands on the desks and shouts, "YOU’RE NO BOY!"
I turned around to him.
he said, “YOU’RE A MAN.”
I turned back around sheepishly smiling while all my male classmates cheered and shouted, my teacher simply smiled, apologized, and the lesson continued.
I’m thankful for that moment in my life, it gives me hope for the future.
That more trans people will be supported, and visible.